Relieve Your Back Pain With These Simple Tips
by CMRI | Published on 10/06/2022
60% of the population experience back pain in their lifetime. In particular, lower back pain or discomfort, in particular, has become a chronic illness in India. Aside from the elderly, the younger generation has also been affected. As suggested by our expert practicing in the best orthopedic hospital in Kolkata, you should be aware that your spine requires care and attention. Adopting a few basic habits can make a difference in your everyday life and spine health. Keep reading to learn more about keeping your bad back at bay.
- Watch your sitting time: Sitting for long periods of time may cause or worsen back pain. This could be a serious concern for people who work in an office or spend a lot of time sitting at a desk.
Slouching and leaning forward is normal, but it can place a lot of strain on the lumbar discs (lower back area). To relieve back discomfort, get a suitable office chair or support your lower back region.
- Stech your muscles: Make stretching a regular habit. Stretching exercises that focus on the spine are a win-win situation when it comes to spine health.
- Spinal exercises not only serve to relieve acute back pain episodes, but they also keep the muscles surrounding your spine lose and flexible, minimizing your risk of recurring back pain episodes.
- Do not slouch: People who have a desk job or work on the computer frequently slouch, exerting tension on the neck, back muscles, and spine and creating pain. Maintaining an upright posture and straightening the neck and lower back may aid in the prevention of such injuries and discomfort.
- Strengthen your core: The muscles in your lower back and abdomen, known as your core muscles, must be strong and flexible. This will help to stabilize your spine and ease lower back discomfort.
- Maintain a healthy weight: When you gain a few kg, the jelly-filled disks that serve as cushions between your vertebrae and the nerve system that makes up your spine are put under tremendous strain.
- Overweight people are more likely to have back pain and discomfort. Going to the gym to lose weight can therefore assist your spine.
- Message therapy for your back: Once a month, a good massage might help ease the pain and discomfort associated with spinal issues. Massage can aid in increased blood flow, relaxing muscles, and connective tissues, and can even help you relax.
- Apply cold and heat alternatively: First, use an ice pack for 5 minutes, then remove it for 5 minutes. Repeat for up to 30 minutes. The cooling cycle fools your body into increasing blood flow to the painful muscle and promotes recovery. The next day, use a heating pad or a heated towel to assist in releasing any lingering tightness.
- Pool exercise is a must: The buoyancy of the water helps to support your spine, and exercising in a pool decreases the downward pull of gravity on your lower back. As a result, your chances of injury or pain when exercising are reduced. If you don't want to exercise, simply walk around the pool in waist-deep water to help strengthen your back.
If you have any questions or would like a second opinion, please contact our best orthopedic doctor in Kolkata. Our prestigious medical team will guide you to a better treatment outcome and a pain-free path to greater health.