Department Of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at CMRI Hospital, Kolkata is a hub of excellence, dedicated to offering uncompromised care to the mother and child throughout the course of pregnancy, as well as effective management of various reproductive health concerns in women.
The journey to becoming a mother is one of the most delightful journeys that you will ever embark on, and, at CMRI Hospital, we constantly strive to make it a memorable one. We have a specialized team of experts who will guide you on every step. CMRI Hospital has introduced an exclusive Woman and Child Unit to make the occasion of childbirth even more memorable and pleasant. The unit offers state-of-the-art Labor, Delivery, Postpartum and Neonatal services delivering excellence, personalized care and utmost comfort to the mother, the baby, and the family.
The department encompasses a well-equipped Labor Room, Operation Theatre, Comfortable Post Natal Care Rooms, Neonatal ICU (NICU) and Pediatrics ICU (PICU), offering holistic clinical care to the mother and child. The department also has a special clinic for the immunization of infants.
The multidisciplinary team of Nephrologists, Endocrinologists, Oncologists, Urologists, General Physicians offers expert care for women experiencing high-risk pregnancies. Pregnancy with complications like uterine artery embolization, renal disease, autoimmune disease, thyroid, and multiple pregnancies are managed by our experts.
The NICU is a highly specialized unit, equipped with leading-edge modalities like high-end monitors, incubators, high-frequency ventilators and surfactant therapy to deal with any complex medical complications in newborns. Experienced neonatologists are available round the clock to cater to the needs of newborn babies. A team of trained nurses, physiotherapists, anesthetists, and specialists offer a complete plethora of services to the baby and mother; all under the same roof, making parenthood a complete, enjoyable, and emotionally fulfilling experience.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine, also referred to as perinatology, deals with all aspects of pregnancy and childbirth,
- It encompasses all the health concerns of the expecting mother and the growing fetus, before and during pregnancy, as well as shortly after childbirth.
- The sub-speciality especially focuses on high-risk pregnancies, in which either the mother, or the child has a medical condition that can give rise to complications during the course of pregnancy, or after childbirth.
- Some common problems that are taken care of under maternal-fetal medicine include difficulties in carrying the baby to full term, insufficient fluid in the womb, or if the mother has underlying conditions like diabetes or thyroid.
- At CMRI Hospital, we offer various modalities for prenatal care, such as genetic counselling and fetal ultrasound.
- Our experts medwife will guide you with the best care on every step, making sure you have a hassle-free journey to motherhood.
- Reproductive endocrinology is a specialised branch that focuses on the hormones and control mechanism is responsible for regulating sexual development, function and reproduction.
- Some common problems addressed in reproductive endocrinology include infertility, altered sexual function, hirsutism, virilization, oligomenorrhea and amenorrhea.
- Reproductive endocrinology aims at helping couples who are finding it difficult to conceive on their own, by offering all the assistance that they need.
- It involves the prescription of medication for boosting egg production and assisted reproductive techniques like IVI (in vitro fertilization) and IUI ( intrauterine insemination)
- Our experts specialise in all kinds of procedures and offer treatments based on proper evaluation and assessment, for added precision and finest outcomes.
- Gynecologic oncology is a specialised branch offering various modalities for the screening, diagnosis, assessment, staging, treatment and management of cancers, that specifically affect women.
- These include cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, vaginal cancer and vulvar cancer.
- Gynaecological cancers are quite complex and require a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach.
- Our experts at CMRI Hospital, specialise in a wide range of modalities, which include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy etc.
- As certain gynaecological cancers and their treatment can lead to infertility, we also offer fertility-sparing options for women who wish to have a baby in future.
- It is a specialised branch dedicated to the diagnosis, assessment and management of where is pelvic floor disorders in women.
- One of the most common pelvic floor disorders experienced by women is stress urinary incontinence.
- Some other conditions include bladder instillation, anal sphincter repair, hysterectomy, uterine prolapse surgery, vesicovaginal fistula repair, enterocele repair, urethral diverticulum surgery, etc.
- At CMRI Hospital Kolkata, we offer state-of-the-art procedures like sacral nerve stimulation, pelvic floor reconstruction, artificial anal sphincter, minimally invasive hysterectomy and urethral reconstruction.
- Apart from surgical treatments we also offer non-surgical modalities like medication, physical therapy and urge suppression.
Treatment and Surgeries
High Risk Pregnancies
Minimally Invasive Surgery / Endoscopic Surgery
Our Clinical Experts
Dr. Anushree Mandal
Consultant Experience: 14+ Years
Dr. Archana Sinha
Consultant - Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Dr. Parnamita Bhattacharya
Senior Consultant Experience: 10+ Years
Dr. Syed Monajatur Rahman
Consultant Experience: 29+ Years
Dr. Manjari Chatterjee
Consultant Experience: 15+ Years
Dr. Samir Kumar Ray
Consultant Experience: 32+ Years
Dr. Manas Kundu
Consultant Experience: 28+ Years
Dr. Ritu Das
Consultant - Obstetrics & Gynecology
A breast cyst can be found in women across ages – but more common in premenopausal women between the age of 35 and 40. In fact, women aged over 50 years rarely develop breast cysts. Moreover, breast cysts can also develop in postmenopausal women who are taking hormone therapy.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) or commonly known as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that affects the level of hormones in a woman of reproductive age.
Endometriosis (en-doe-me-tree-O-sis) is an often painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus — the endometrium — grows outside your uterus.