What is cosmetic surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is also referred to as aesthetic surgery or plastic surgery. It is a medicinal branch emphasising on enhancing an individual’s desired appearance through surgical and non-surgical methods. It inculcates modifying or reshaping different body parts to enhance their aesthetic appeal, symmetry, proportion, or overall appearance.
The surgery is usually performed on the various parts of the body which includes face, breasts, abdomen, buttocks, hips, thighs, and arms.
Why is cosmetic surgery done?
Cosmetic surgery is performed for different reasons, significantly to enhance a person's appearance and his/her self-confidence. Here is why people choose cosmetic procedures on their body parts:
- Improving physical appearance: A lot of people choose cosmetic surgery to modify the features of their body which makes them unconscious. It can be anything like breasts, nose, etc.
- Enhancing self-esteem and body image: Cosmetic surgery helps people feel confident about their bodies. With cosmetic procedures, not only can they feel a sense of self-esteem but also good about their body image.
- Reversing signs of ageing: Ageing can cause wrinkles, sagging skin and other visible signs that some people might find unattractive. So, in such cases, cosmetic procedures like facelift, eyelid surgery, or dermal fillers can prove to be helpful in rejuvenating the face and offering a youthful appearance.
- Correcting physical anomalies: There are people who have physical or congenitally acquired anomalies affecting their appearance. With cosmetic surgery, one can eliminate the flaw. There are certain procedures such as cleft lip, palate, birthmarks to enhance aesthetics and function.
- Restoring body after significant weight loss: People who have lost weight, either through exercise or diet or bariatric surgery can have large amounts of tissues and skin. So, procedures like tummy tucks or body lift can assist in removing the excessive skin and tissues and create a contoured look.
What are the common cosmetic procedures?
There are various cosmetic procedures that ate available for addressing several aesthetic issues. address various aesthetic concerns. Some of the most used procedures are:
- Facelift: It helps to reduce sagging skin and face wrinkles, offering a youthful look to an individual.
- Rhinoplasty: It is also known as a nose job. This procedure helps in reshaping the nose for functional or aesthetic purposes.
- Liposuction: With this type of cosmetic procedure, an individual can choose to remove excess deposits of fats from particular body areas and can have a contoured look.
- Breast augmentation: This procedure is also very common nowadays. It benefits in enhancing the breast shape and size of a female.
- Botox injections: It helps in relaxing facial muscles and reduces face wrinkles and fine lines.
- Dermal fillers: With this non-surgical procedure, one can have face contours, smooth wrinkles, and volume in face areas.
- Laser hair removal: With laser technology, an individual can choose to remove unwanted hair from different parts of the body.
- Lip augmentation: It involves procedures like lip fillers or fat transfer for enhancing the lip shape and size.
- Hair transplant: This procedure involves the transplantation of hair follicles from a donor area to areas with balding or thinning hair.
Why should you choose Rukmani Birla Hospital for Cosmetic surgery?
Rukmani Birla Hospital, Jaipur is among the eminent multi-special hospitals operating in the city for decades. The hospital has integrated the most amazing and experienced doctors including other staff members. We ensure dedicating ourselves to offering exceptional and satisfactory patient care. The primary objective behind the inception of this hospital is to make healthcare services available to everyone at an affordable cost including the finest treatment. So, if you are looking for cosmetic surgery, then get in touch with our most skilled and highly talented cosmetic professionals at RBH.
How to get rid of stretch marks through cosmetic surgery?
Stretch marks can be removed by tummy tuck cosmetic procedure. It helps in removing the skin below the belly button permanently.
What is the difference between plastic and cosmetic surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is elective and is chosen by an individual according to his/her desire. On the other hand, plastic surgery is not elective and usually is used for reconstructing the defects of the body like trauma, diseases, or birth defects.
Does insurance cover cosmetic surgery?
No, insurance doesn’t cover cosmetic surgery.
Congenital heart diseases are heart defects that exist since birth, which means the child is born with the heart defect.
Cardiovascular diseases can be defined as conditions that affect the heart or the blood vessels. It affects the structure and function of the heart.
Congenital heart disease refers to a heart condition that is caused by birth. Any child who is born with heart disease suffers from congenital heart disease.