The Importance of Regular Preventive Health Check-ups: Taking Charge of Your Well-being
Internal Medicine |
Posted on 07/11/2023 by Dr. Sushil Kalra
There is a very famous phrase with which we all are familiar, "Prevention is better than cure". But still, we all often tend to overlook the importance of regular preventive health check-ups. However, the primary reason these days is constant lifestyle changes and hectic schedules. Hence, it has become very important that we take charge of our health before it’s too late to avoid any serious health issues in life.
If you are someone who has been due for preventive health check-ups, then don’t delay and book your appointment today with one of the best multispeciality hospitals in Jaipur, Rukmani Birla Hospital. You will find the finest healthcare specialists and team with advanced medical technology here.
In this write-up, we will discuss the significance of annual full-body health check-ups for every age group, preventive health check-up packages, the benefits of full-body check-ups, and more. Let’s get started then.
What is a Full Body Checkup?
A full body checkup is a comprehensive test for the body to assess the complete status of health thoroughly. It is useful in evaluating all the systems and organs in the body. There are wide-ranging tests under preventive health checkups offering an appropriate insight into the present health condition of an individual.
Full body checkup involves numerous tests to ensure good health such as kidneys, lungs, thyroid, dental, eyes, bones, heart, liver, and so on.
What are the benefits of frequent preventive health check-ups?
A preventive health check-up is the best way for maintaining your health and diagnosing health issues beforehand. Let’s have a look at some of the benefits of preventive health checkups:
- One of the primary benefits of preventive health check-ups is that it helps in detecting any health issues initially.
- Another important benefit is peace of mind. If you get preventive health check-ups done regularly, you are at ease knowing that you are healthy and fit.
- With regular and preventive health check-ups, you can always stay on top of your health through screenings and timely vaccinations.
- If you have some serious condition such as diabetes or high blood pressure, then by preventing health check-ups, your doctor can assist in keeping track of the problem and managing it efficiently.
What does a full body preventive health check-up include?
A full body check-up helps in checking all the parameters of health. If you have been planning to get a full body check-up done, you can get in touch with the healthcare professionals and diagnostic services of Rukmani Birla Hospital in Jaipur. You will not only find the best healthcare services but they also offer exceptional diagnostic services. Here are some of the common health packages that are involved in preventive health check-ups at RBH:
- Basic package: This health package often starts from INR 1750 depending on different factors. This health package involves various tests such as urine routine, fasting blood sugar, lipid profile, ECG, USG abdomen, Serum Creatinine, blood urea, CBC, SGOT, and SGPT. It also involves consultation with a physician and dentist.
- Premium preventive diabetes health checkup: In this health check-up package, there are various tests offered which include lipid profile, glucose fasting, urine routine, glycosylated hemoglobin, electrocardiography, Certainine, and complete hemogram. Additionally, it also involves endocrinologist consultation and dietician consultation.
- Executive package: This health package involves testing for complete blood count, urine routine, fasting blood sugar, post-prandial blood sugar, Serum Creatinine, lipid profile, SGOT, SGPT, blood group, electrocardiography, echocardiogram, chest x-ray, TSH and USG abdomen. Physician consultation and dentist consultation are also involved.
- Premium package: This health check-up package offers CBC, urine routine, fasting blood sugar, postprandial blood sugar, blood urea, uric acid, Serum Creatinine, Bilirubin, SGPT, SGOT, lipid profile, ECG, echocardiogram, chest x-ray, and USG abdomen. There is consultation with a physician, dietician, and dentist as well in the package.
- Senior citizen health: In this health check-up package, there are several tests involved such as CBC, urine routine, fasting blood sugar, postprandial blood sugar, blood urea, Serum Creatinine, SGPT, SGOT, lipid profile, electrocardiography, echocardiogram, USG abdomen, PAP smear, X-ray, and BMD. There is an involvement of consultation with a physician, dietician, and physiotherapist.
- Women wellness under 40 years: Women wellness health check-up package involves testing for CBC, urine routine, fasting blood sugar, postprandial blood sugar, lipid profile, ECG, TSH, Pap smear, ABORh, USG whole abdomen, BMD, and breast sonography. Consultation with a gynecologist, dietician, and dentist is also involved in the package.
- Women wellness above 40 years: In this health check-up package, different tests are there such as chest x-ray, T3, T4, T5, fasting blood sugar, urine routine, postprandial blood sugar, ECG, Pap smear, lipid profile, bone mineral density, ABORh, mammography, and USG whole abdomen. Consultation with a gynecologist, dietician, and dentist is also involved.
- Diabetes comprehensive package: This health package offers blood glucose fasting, uric acid, lipid profile, ECG, USG whole abdomen, Creatinine, sodium, potassium, glucose PP, HBA1C, chest x-ray, VPT, SGOT, SGPT, and 2D Echo. The package also involves consultation with an endocrinologist and dietician.
- Complete body male: This preventive health check-up offers CBC, post-prandial blood sugar, fasting blood sugar, HBA1C, Urine Microalbumin, urine routine, blood group, blood urea, uric acid, Serum Creatinine, S. calcium, S. Bilirubin, SGPT, GGT, Alkaline phosphatase, total proteins, SGOT, lipid profile, electrocardiography, echocardiogram, T3, T4, thyroid stimulation hormone, PSA over 50 years, USG whole abdomen, pulmonary function tests, BMD single point and chest x-ray. It involves consultation with a physician, dentist, dietician, and physiotherapist.
- Complete body female: In this preventive health check-up, tests that are offered include CBC, post-prandial blood sugar, fasting blood sugar, HBA1C, Urine Microalbumin, urine routine, blood group, blood urea, uric acid, Serum Creatinine, S. calcium, S. Bilirubin, SGPT, GGT, Alkaline phosphatase, total proteins, SGOT, lipid profile, electrocardiography, echocardiogram, T3, T4, thyroid stimulation hormone, Pap smear, USG whole abdomen, pulmonary function tests, USG B/L Breast, mammography above 40 years, BMD single point and chest x-ray. This package involves consultation with a physician, dentist, gynecologist, dietician, and physiotherapist.
Choosing a preventive health check-up package
It is vital to get a full body preventive health check-up once a year. Timely tests and diagnosis help in ensuring that you are fit and healthy. Getting a check-up done on time helps in detecting illnesses in the early stage and more effective treatments. A full medical check-up is beneficial for people who are apprehensive about their health and family. It assists in preventing the risk of life-threatening illnesses and can reduce the cost of healthcare by around 50%.
If you are looking for health checkup packages, then nowadays, you can easily find various healthcare services offered at affordable prices. All you need to do is search online for healthcare services or full-body check-up diagnostic services near you. Once you choose the healthcare services and package of your choice, ensure that it offers a wide range of tests.
We, humans, don’t give priority to our health as much as we should and usually ignore the signs our body keeps giving to us. We always have reasons to delay regular health check-ups and delay a visit to the doctor. It is better that we understand the importance of full body preventive health check-ups frequently and get it done every year. If you are in search of the finest diagnostic or healthcare service, then you can reach out to Rukmani Birla Hospital, Jaipur. Not only you will find the best diagnosis here, but also the most effective treatments offered. You can choose the health package according to your requirements from the range of health packages which are being offered at RBH. It will not only assist in detecting any disease in its early stage but also in managing it beforehand.
How many times should I do a full body checkup?
You should get the full body preventive health check-up done once a year. However, it is recommended for people who are above 30 years and people who are below 30 years can get it done every two years.
Can I drink water before a full body checkup?
No, usually it is recommended to refrain from drinking or eating anything before a full body checkup.
What things are covered in a full body checkup?
Full body checkup involves different tests such as liver function test, lipid profile, blood glucose, thyroid profile, complete hemogram, kidney function test, and more.