Stay Healthy During Changing Seasons- Here is How?
Who doesn’t love and want to enjoy the season changes? But is it the same with our bodies too? Every slight change in the weather can affect our bodies. This transition of season change can make your body more susceptible to several ailments. As suggested by our experts from the best hospital in Kolkata, if we do not take care of our dietary intake under changing weather conditions, then the chances of falling ill may increase severalfold. Here are some simple nutrition ideas to help you get through the changing weather without jeopardizing your health.
Keep on reading to learn more.
- Add fresh fruits and veggies to your platter- Consuming seasonal fruits and vegetables will not only provide your body with all of the necessary nutrients but will also help you maintain your general health. Green vegetables are accessible for consumption during the winter. Greens like methi, palak, and others are high in vitamins and minerals and will keep you healthy.
- Ample liquid intake is a must-Liquids, particularly water, are critical in combating seasonal changes and fever. They moisten your throat and aid in congestion relief. They help flush out additional toxins that weaken your system and make you unwell by hydrating your organs.
- Maintain regular hydration with water, herbal drinks, juices, and other fresh fruit drinks to keep your body from becoming fatigued. Because liquid nutrition is easier to digest and assimilate, it is the ideal option to boost your nutrient quotient.
- Say ‘no’ to junk food- Fried foods are high in pollutants and lack essential minerals. They quickly fill the stomach and make you feel full. They should be avoided at all costs if you wish to maintain a healthy body over time.
- Include green tea -Green tea includes antioxidants, making it ideal for consumption throughout the seasonal transition. You can enhance the properties of green tea by adding freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Homemade remedies -Tomato and herb soup, mushroom soup, warm turmeric water, turmeric milk, or the home kadha with crushed ginger, clove, cardamom, cinnamon, and some jaggery are sure shot wonders
- Need a good night's sleep-A good night's sleep is essential for healthy health. Allowing your body to relax and restfully recharges your neurological system and helping your immune system to work more effectively. You have adequate energy to deal with any stress or illness that may arise.
- Include vitamin C in your diet- Vitamin C, which is high in antioxidants, works like a magic trick to help you adapt to weather changes. Vitamin C strengthens your immune system and decreases cold symptoms to some extent. It is therefore important to include vitamin C-rich foods in your diet. Fruits and vegetables such as oranges, kiwi, pineapple, and grapefruit, as well as sweet potatoes, and broccoli can effectively fight off any bug that makes you sick.
- Fermented foods can help- Food fermentation boosts nutrient content, and these have 12 times more Vitamin C than non-fermented foods. Fermentation also increases bioavailability.
- Choose whole-grain over processed food- oats, brown rice, and ragi are all magnesium and folate-rich fruit and can be beneficial for increasing immunity.
Apart from the above-mentioned tips, you can add the following –
- Doing regular exercise
- Dress according to the season
- maintain the basic hygiene
These not only will help you to face the season changes bravely but also improve your overall immunity and strength. If you have any more queries or need a second consultation, you can consult our experts from the best multispecialty hospital in Kolkata.