Department Of Radiology
Radiology is a subspecialty of medical sciences which involves the use of minimally invasive procedures and medical imaging techniques for evaluation and treatment of various health conditions. As compared to open surgery, these less-invasive techniques are associated with less discomfort, fewer side effects, minimum pain, and less recovery time. The real-time pictures of the internal organs can be achieved through various imaging techniques like X-ray fluoroscopy, ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and computed tomography scans.
The department of Radiology at CK Birla RBH houses well-trained and experienced radiologists (clinical doctors that carry out image-guided procedures, monitor the patient’s response to it, and also aid them before and after the treatment sessions).
Treatment and procedures offered at Department of Interventional Radiology at CK Birla RBH
There is a wide range of health conditions starting from head to toe that is treatable by Interventional Radiology and the list is continuously expanding. The services offered by the department of interventional radiology include:
- General Vascular Interventional procedures: Interventional radiologists deals with all vascular emergencies. Some of the procedures performed in this department include laser ablation of varicose veins, venous angioplasty and stenting (for venous blockage and compression syndromes), embolization (to treat arteriovenous malformations), sclerotherapy (for venolymphatic malformations and isolated perforator incompetence), angioplasty using cutting balloons (to treat vasculitis), Aortoiliac, Tibial, Pedal, and Femoropopliteal angioplasty and stenting (to treat diabetic foot and other peripheral vascular diseases), and intra-arterial catheter-directed thrombolysis (to treat Acute Limb Ischemia).
- Urological/ Nephrological Interventional procedures: Some of them are varicocele embolization, embolization for prostatic artery, post PCNL, and post-biopsy haematuria; transjugular renal biopsy, Renal tumor embolization, AV fistuloplasty / thrombolysis, Central Venoplasty, and use of dialysis catheter and perm cath for challenging or routine dialysis access insertion.
- Gynecological interventional procedures: This includes Embolization for pelvic congestion syndrome, post-partum hemorrhage, and Uterine fibroids; Fallopian tube recanalization (for removing blockage), and placement of prophylactic bilateral iliac balloon (to treat placental abnormalities or complications of pregnancies due to fibroids).
- Neuro-interventional procedures: This comprises cerebral angiography, carotid artery stenting (to manage stroke), intra-arterial chemotherapy (to treat Retinoblastoma), vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty (to treat chronic back pain caused by vertebral collapse), mechanical thrombectomy, endovascular embolization (for brain aneurysms, bleeding brain or neck vessels, recurrent subdural hematoma, and Carotico-Cavernous fistulas).
- Gastrointestinal and hepatology interventional procedures: Some of them are thrombolysis, stenting, or angioplasty (to treat mesenteric ischemia). Embolization of emergency bleed, PTBD stenting for biliary obstruction, Collection of pancreatic drainage, Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (for recurrent ascites and variceal bleed), and shunt occlusions (CARTO, PRTO, PARTO) to stop bleed and treat recurrent encephalopathy).
- Pulmonary and Thoracic Interventional procedures: This section includes tracheal stenting, pleural effusion aspiration, embolization for hemoptysis and chylothorax, and biopsy.
- Ortho interventions: This includes ablations for vertebroplasty, Osteoid osteoma, and bone biopsy.
- Onco-interventions: This comprises RFA, TACE, MWA, and PEI procedures for the treatment of Hepatocellular carcinoma; ablation of tumors, bony metastases, chemo port insertion, and nerve blocks; and embolization techniques to treat tumoral or surgical bleeds.
- Aortic interventions: This includes endoleak embolization and stenting for abdominal aortic and endovascular thoracic aneurysm regions.
Treatment and Surgeries
Advanced Digital X-ray
Computed Tomography (CT)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Our Clinical Experts
Dr. Dileep Singh Naruka
Director - Radiology Experience: 35+ Years
Dr. Vidit Mathur
Director - Radiology Experience: 30+ Years